Chapter: New features
|^ Introduction||Migrating from a previous version »|
Main improvements provided by the version 1.4 are:
jApp::config()method, to retrieve the configuration and new method
jApp::loadConfig()to load the configuration. $gJConfig is deprecated. (see jApp).
jApp::coord()method, to retrieve the coordinator and new
jApp::setCoord()to set the coordinator into the Jelix environment. $gJCoord is deprecated. (see jApp).
- New autoload system. Classes to autoload can be indicated into module.xml file of your modules. the autoload system support the PSR0 specification
- Virtual templates: jTpl can now use templates that are not in files.
- The "simple" URLs engine is now deprecated. It will be removed in futur versions.
- Support of automatic language parameter in URLS
- Improved support of locale and lang code. Jelix does not support any more, by default, locales that are not a real code (en_EN for example). Except if you force to use them, for compatibility.
- en_US becomes the default locale of Jelix. en_EN is now deprecated, since it is not a valid language code
- New API to support HTTP cache, on response object:
- New classes to read Atom and RSS feeds
- New class, jPref, to set and get dynamic/functionnal configuration options. An interface is available to allow a webmaster to manage these preferences.
- Modules can provide their own response object and indicate them directly into the configuration
- Modules can provide their own CSS and JS file
without copying them into the
- The plugins directories of modules are now automatically registered
- Jelix-scripts now searches a .jelix-scripts.ini in the current directory and its parent directories, before searching in the home directory
- New jDb driver "mysqli" using the mysqli API
- jDb: experimental driver for sqlite3
- jDb: removed Intuition plugin. not maintened anymore.
Improvement provided by 1.2.10/1.3.4/1.4.1:
- new hashing system in jAuth, to have a better secured password storage.
Change provided by 1.4.1:
- in jacl2_rights table, null values for id_aclres have been changed to "-", in order to have consistant primary keys with some RDBMS